How to enter properly is in your Investor Books Manual on Pages 173 thru 186
Used by Investors to avoid paying Capital Gains Tax Now, you can defer it.
There are many variations involving 1031s including partials.
For KISS method purposes, example used will be simple and traditional.
• Investor has a house used for a rental for 10 years
• Investor purchased house 10 years ago for 50k
• Ballpark depreciation is 51,500 per year, reducing cost to 35k
• Investor can sell rental house for 140k resulting in 105k capital gain
• At 30% tax rate, could mean over 33k in Tax owed.
• Using the 1031 procedure PROPERLY, you could keep the 33k and roll it over into another like kind investment (1 or more rental houses)
Please log in to view more of this post